    --

    Carlo Milanesi
    http://carlomilanesi.wordpress.com/
    Carlo Milanesi, Sep 9, 2011

  2. Carlo Milanesi

    Bo Persson Guest

    Carlo Milanesi wrote:
    > Now that that the C++11 ISO standard is going to be published, when
    > it is foreseen the next C++ standard? Before or after 2020?
    > Is there already a Web site describing its candidate features (in
    > addition to "concepts")?

    Easy now, we have to digest C++11 first! :)

    I believe an ISO standard has to remain stable for at least 5 years,
    so there can be no revisions before 2016. So perhaps somewhere in the
    2017-2020 range?

    There has been an invitation for new ideas to be considered starting
    next year. Any concrete proposals will no doubt appear on the
    committee web site

    http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/

    but nothing so far.

    Bo Persson