Next C++ standard

Carlo Milanesi

Now that that the C++11 ISO standard is going to be published, when it
is foreseen the next C++ standard? Before or after 2020?
Is there already a Web site describing its candidate features (in
addition to "concepts")?

Bo Persson

Carlo said:
Now that that the C++11 ISO standard is going to be published, when
it is foreseen the next C++ standard? Before or after 2020?
Is there already a Web site describing its candidate features (in
addition to "concepts")?

Easy now, we have to digest C++11 first! :)

I believe an ISO standard has to remain stable for at least 5 years,
so there can be no revisions before 2016. So perhaps somewhere in the
2017-2020 range?

There has been an invitation for new ideas to be considered starting
next year. Any concrete proposals will no doubt appear on the
committee web site

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/

but nothing so far.

Bo Persson