next ISO/ANSI standard for C++

Albert van der Horst

Sharad Kala wrote:

There are many platforms that do not support threads at all. They're in
your car, your coffee maker, the thermostat in your house, etc.
"Desktop" type applications are only piece of the picture. There's a
whole embedded world out there that doesn't know from threads.

Interrupt handling in any of its forms is theoretically a form of threads.
In embedded applications it is rather abundant too.
This discussion is too much oriented towards threads in a language that
are imported from an underlying OS.
(In fact we should speak about concurrent processing: the ability to
express in a computer language that instructions are to be executed
at the same time, be it for real, or by cleverness in the compiler.)

The inability to think concurrently makes up for a lot of poor
programming. In fact a GUI requires concurrent thinking, and a novice
programmer shouldn't be let near a program with a GUI interface.
Groetjes Albert