    course having a hard time convincing the managers. I was wondering if
    anyone else could verify my research, espcially since I have not yet
    developed a working prototype to demonstrate this.
    jao, Aug 27, 2004

  2. jao wrote:
    > My organization currently has a large collection of Vedic scriptures
    > and translation inside of the NextPage Folio product. The software has
    > served our purposes thus far, but I am interested in pulling the texts
    > out of Folio and into XML. Based on the research I've done, XML and
    > its related technologies can perform similar if not better indexing
    > and full text searching all in an international standard. I am of
    > course having a hard time convincing the managers. I was wondering if
    > anyone else could verify my research, espcially since I have not yet
    > developed a working prototype to demonstrate this.

    I agree with you. It's time to forget about proprietary markups.
    I need to convert some files from Folio FFF to XML/SGML.

    This is the only tool what I've found:
    http://www.nextpage.com/publishing/folio/folio-xml.htm

    .... but I'd rather like to use a freeware tool to do it so, not willing to buy
    this commercial solution. Or... I'll develop a conversion routine myself.

    Good ideas are welcome! :)

    --
    Barnabas Davoti
    Information Architect