    remote Window servers? Is IO-Interface my best option?

    Thanks,

    Coz.
    Cosmic Cruizer, Mar 30, 2008

  2. Cosmic Cruizer

    Ron Bergin Guest

    On Mar 29, 7:16 pm, Cosmic Cruizer <> wrote:
    > From a Windows box, I need to remotely look at the NICs of about 60 Windows
    > servers I have administrative accounts on.
    >
    > I was going to try and use IO::Interface, but I cannot get the module
    > installed. I cannot find the PPD for IO-Interface-1.04 so I can use ppm.
    >
    > Does anybody have a Perl solution for getting the NIC configurations on
    > remote Window servers? Is IO-Interface my best option?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Coz.

    Have you looked into trying one of these modules?

    Win32::IPConfig
    http://search.cpan.org/~jmacfarla/Win32-IPConfig-0.09/lib/Win32/IPConfig.pm

    Win32::IPConfig::Adapter
    http://search.cpan.org/~jmacfarla/Win32-IPConfig-0.09/lib/Win32/IPConfig/Adapter.pm

    Net::Address::Ethernet
    http://search.cpan.org/~mthurn/Net-Address-Ethernet-1.111/lib/Net/Address/Ethernet.pm
    Ron Bergin, Mar 30, 2008

  3. Ron Bergin <> wrote in

    > On Mar 29, 7:16 pm, Cosmic Cruizer <> wrote:
    >> From a Windows box, I need to remotely look at the NICs of about 60
    >> Windows servers I have administrative accounts on.
    >>
    >> I was going to try and use IO::Interface, but I cannot get the
    >> module installed. I cannot find the PPD for IO-Interface-1.04 so I
    >> can use ppm.
    >>
    >> Does anybody have a Perl solution for getting the NIC configurations
    >> on remote Window servers? Is IO-Interface my best option?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Coz.

    > Have you looked into trying one of these modules?
    >
    > Win32::IPConfig
    > http://search.cpan.org/~jmacfarla/Win32-IPConfig-0.09/lib/Win32/IPConfi
    > g.pm
    >
    > Win32::IPConfig::Adapter
    > http://search.cpan.org/~jmacfarla/Win32-IPConfig-0.09/lib/Win32/IPConfi
    > g/Adapter.pm
    >
    > Net::Address::Ethernet
    > http://search.cpan.org/~mthurn/Net-Address-Ethernet-1.111/lib/Net/Addre
    > ss/Ethernet.pm

    Thanks Ron. It looks like Win32::IPConfig will do what I need.
    Cosmic Cruizer, Mar 30, 2008
  4. Cosmic Cruizer

    Thomas Kratz Guest

    Cosmic Cruizer wrote:

    > Thanks Ron. It looks like Win32::IPConfig will do what I need.

    If you are interested in the special NIC configuration (such as media
    speed etc.) you'll have to use WMI.

    I can post a script if needed.

    Thomas

    --
    $/=$,,$_=<DATA>,s,(.*),$1,see;__END__
    s,^(.*\043),,mg,@_=map{[split'']}split;{#>J~.>_an~>>e~......>r~
    Thomas Kratz, Mar 31, 2008
  5. Thomas Kratz <> wrote in news:47f0a7a2$0$2601
    $-rheiner.de:

    > Cosmic Cruizer wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks Ron. It looks like Win32::IPConfig will do what I need.

    > If you are interested in the special NIC configuration (such as media
    > speed etc.) you'll have to use WMI.
    >
    > I can post a script if needed.
    >
    > Thomas

    Thomas, I would really appriciate it if you could post your script. It's
    not what I'm really try to grab, but I can use it for a learning
    experience. (Besides, maybe it is what I need, but don't know it.)

    What I need to capture is the Internet Protocol properties such as the IP
    address, subnet mask, default gateway, and the preferred and alternate
    DNS servers.

    Thanks.
    Cosmic Cruizer, Apr 2, 2008