    I'm left to drift on a dead calm sea
    And watch her forever through the cracks in the beams
    Nailed across the doorways of the bedrooms of my dreams"
    Nikola Skoric, Jun 19, 2006

  2. Nikola Skoric

    Rtafas Guest

    You must search for IP blocks, and you may use them as a black box.
    Opencores has lots of cores there (google for it).

    Some people build their libraries with "most used stuff" (like sync
    flip-flops, counters, memories...) with parameterizable code. They do a
    group of entities (or cores, black boxes)

    A "function point of view" about vhdl is not the common use and most
    HDL engineers dislike the use of functions and variables. You might get
    a good VHDL syntax reference, Cores, but never heard of functions.

    Rtafas, Jun 19, 2006

  3. On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:40:43 +0200, Nikola Skoric <>
    wrote:

    >I'm looking for a nice function reference for VHDL. When I need a
    >function for something in, saaay, PHP, I go here:
    >http://www.php.net/manual/en/funcref.php and find a function I need in
    >no time just by looking in right category. Where do I go when I need a
    >function in VHDL?

    VHDL is a lot more than just "functions". If, by contrast, you
    mean "language features", people seem to like our
    Golden Reference Guide:
    http://www.doulos.com/content/products/golden_reference_guides.php
    But I'm afraid we want money for it :-(

    A look at this group's FAQs will provide links to some other
    resources, many of them free.

    Your simulator's help files probably have some kind of quick reference
    listing of the main IEEE libraries.
    --
    Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

    DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how

    http://www.MYCOMPANY.com

    Jonathan Bromley, Jun 19, 2006
  4. Nikola Skoric

    Barry Brown Guest

    Not sure what you want, but here is a good VHDL Windows help file:
    http://www.iol.ie/~dmurray/Prism/vhdlhlp.zip

    Barry Brown, Jun 19, 2006