Nice CSS rollovers: IE hack

altamir

Hello!

I've discovered by accident that adding extra inline element makes CSS
rollovers behave correctly in IE. Here's an example with a little
explanation: http://www.pbox.pl/test/css/01/

I've tested it in IE 5.5 (win95) and IE 6 (win98, quirks ans standards
compliance mode).

I wonder if you knew about it? And what are your oppinions?

e n | c k m a

I've discovered by accident that adding extra inline element makes CSS
rollovers behave correctly in IE. Here's an example with a little
explanation: http://www.pbox.pl/test/css/01/

Well, it _works_. That's the main point, I guess. However, it's not good
to have empty elements (ie. your <span class="empty"></span>). At least add
a &nbsp; or something...

Why don't you like adding the width fix from the Taming Lists article??
It's a lot cleaner than this hack. And it's only the addition of _one_ line
of code, instead of your _seven_ in CSS and more junk in HTML.