Nice graphical ideas for logos

Discussion in 'HTML' started by lisztnet@aliceadsl.fr, May 9, 2008.

  1. Guest

    , May 9, 2008

  2. wrote:

    Well not sue if you are spamming or asking for critique. I'll be kind
    and assume the latter.

    > http://www.molinellidesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/carozza-bella.jpg

    Well, not really. Depends on the application. For web use, not very good
    at all. 164Kb just for a logo is not very good on bandwidth. A little
    compression would help, but a feathery intricate graphic is hard to keep
    clear with JPG. So reducing color depth, I used 32 colors and got a
    decent looking PNG at 28Kb. But fine intricate graphic logos do not
    scale well so I'd say it has very limited application. In high
    resolution printing applications it might be okay.

    > http://www.molinellidesign.com/

    Okay you are spamming, right?

    > http://www.molinellidesign.com/?paged=2

    These are not very good examples of how to make a commercial website.

    Firstly, microfont that is grey on white...

    Secondly, the "Scroll-O-Death" layout that the 90s newbies of geocities
    infamy.

    Thirdly. Ugh! Do not scale images with HTML attributes! Resample to
    size, resample, resample, resample, resample! 880kB for one image
    alone!!! 1134x880 is not a suitable size for a webpage, and not
    optimized at all! Just stripping out your Canon PowerShot S80 EXIF info
    and a little compression reduce the file to 92Kb.

    Fourthly, the site is impossibly slow for dialup.

    Lastly, I am assaulted by some loud shuddering "music"!!!

    > Need a gimp tutorial for all that; one need a real pen and paper for
    > real design...? ;)

    Not sure this translated well...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, May 9, 2008

    On 9 mai, 17:04, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > Well not sue if you are spamming or asking for critique. I'll be kind
    > and assume the latter.
    >
    > >http://www.molinellidesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/carozza-bel...

    > Well, not really. Depends on the application. For web use, not very good
    > at all. 164Kb just for a logo is not very good on bandwidth. A little
    > compression would help, but a feathery intricate graphic is hard to keep
    > clear with JPG. So reducing color depth, I used 32 colors and got a
    > decent looking PNG at 28Kb. But fine intricate graphic logos do not
    > scale well so I'd say it has very limited application. In high
    > resolution printing applications it might be okay.
    >

    > >http://www.molinellidesign.com/

    > Okay you are spamming, right?
    >

    > >http://www.molinellidesign.com/?paged=2

    > These are not very good examples of how to make a commercial website.
    >
    > Firstly, microfont that is grey on white...
    >
    > Secondly, the "Scroll-O-Death" layout that the 90s newbies of geocities
    > infamy.
    >
    > Thirdly. Ugh! Do not scale images with HTML attributes! Resample to
    > size, resample, resample, resample, resample! 880kB for one image
    > alone!!! 1134x880 is not a suitable size for a webpage, and not
    > optimized at all! Just stripping out your Canon PowerShot S80 EXIF info
    > and a little compression reduce the file to 92Kb.
    >
    > Fourthly, the site is impossibly slow for dialup.
    >
    > Lastly, I am assaulted by some loud shuddering "music"!!!
    >

    > > Need a gimp tutorial for all that; one need a real pen and paper for
    > > real design...? ;)

    > Not sure this translated well...
    >
    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan
    > -------------------
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Ok, i need a tutrial to make exactly the same stuff as i showed you,
    and wich is really nice stuff, but rather DESIGN and not LOGO
    related ! Sorry... For example what font is used in the Carozza Bella
    item ...? i will pass my evening searching for that font, since i
    installed fontforge on cygwin to be able to convert otf-->ttf, and
    more.

    By the way, I didn't say this where logos to copy/paste, hm ? hmhm

    How ever i agree with your advises, never scale a jpg, etc;

    No music for me, maybe proxomitron disables javascript & flash.

    , May 9, 2008
  4. wrote:

    > Ok, i need a tutrial to make exactly the same stuff as i showed you,
    > and wich is really nice stuff, but rather DESIGN and not LOGO
    > related ! Sorry... For example what font is used in the Carozza Bella
    > item ...? i will pass my evening searching for that font, since i
    > installed fontforge on cygwin to be able to convert otf-->ttf, and
    > more.

    It is "English111 Vivace BT" available in both TTF and T1, E111viva.ttf
    Bitstream Inc.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, May 9, 2008
  5. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Delois wrote:
    >
    >> To create good graphical logo ...

    > Why are you responding to a four-year-old post?

    We know why, just a spam-bot Delois, Alan_Smith, whatever. All the same
    droid.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 3, 2012
  6. Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Delois wrote:
    >>
    >>> To create good graphical logo ...

    >> Why are you responding to a four-year-old post?

    > We know why, just a spam-bot Delois, Alan_Smith, whatever. All the same
    > droid.

    Oh yes, of course I knew that. :)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 3, 2012
  7. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >>> Why are you responding to a four-year-old post?

    >> We know why, just a spam-bot Delois, Alan_Smith, whatever. All the same
    >> droid.

    > Oh yes, of course I knew that. :)

    Just you day to have fun spitting into the wind, eh? ;-)

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan

    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 3, 2012