Nitro examples missing?

Benjohn Barnes

Hi,

after reading about Nitro here, I went off to look, and it sounds
fantastic. There are some very cool looking screen casts on their web
site:

http://www.nitrohq.com/

I've enthusiastically downloaded the gem, but the examples folder
appears to be missing from it. I'm sure I'm missing something here,
but I've no idea what. I've just done an update, but it doesn't seem
to have changed - I've version 0.29.0. Perhaps the examples have
moved? If this is the case, it doesn't seem to be reflected in the
text files the gem ships with.

Cheers,
Benjohn

Dimitri Aivaliotis

I've enthusiastically downloaded the gem, but the examples folder
appears to be missing from it. I'm sure I'm missing something here,
but I've no idea what. I've just done an update, but it doesn't seem
to have changed - I've version 0.29.0. Perhaps the examples have
moved? If this is the case, it doesn't seem to be reflected in the
text files the gem ships with.

spark and flare have been packaged-up separately now, and can be found
on the Rubyforge project page http://rubyforge.org/projects/nitro/

The other examples are available at the developer's repository
http://repo.nitrohq.com/examples/

Further sources of information are at:

http://devlab.oree.ch/trac/nitrohq (Trac-Powered Wiki)
http://oxyliquit.de/ (Q&A about Nitro and Og)
#nitro on irc.freenode.net
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/nitro-general (the nitro-general
mailing list)

- Dimitri

Benjohn Barnes

spark and flare have been packaged-up separately now, and can be found
on the Rubyforge project page http://rubyforge.org/projects/nitro/

The other examples are available at the developer's repository
http://repo.nitrohq.com/examples/

Further sources of information are at:

http://devlab.oree.ch/trac/nitrohq (Trac-Powered Wiki)
http://oxyliquit.de/ (Q&A about Nitro and Og)
#nitro on irc.freenode.net
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/nitro-general (the nitro-general
mailing list)

Thanks for the info, Dimitri, very helpful.

I can't help feeling they've raised their barrier to entry by moving
the examples away from the gem. Seems sensible for the larger apps
(spark and flare), but not for the little examples that are made for
development.