NLB Service and Request.UrlReferrer?

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hi,

Does anybody have site under NLB Service?
I wonder what Request.UrlReferrer returns in this case?

I'm asking because today found that when clients put site under NLB all postbacks
comes with internal URL name, not the NLB host name (they use WCSF)
It looks that if you are open www.mycompanysite.com NLB redirect your request
to internal http://corpweb:2152/. It's ok, but for some dynamically generated
buttons on several pages we found that onClick postbacks event refers to
http://corpweb:2152/mydummypage.aspx instead of www.mycompanysite.com (that
WCSF httpContext specific, ignore it for now)

We don't have access to that environment to debug, and temporary resolve
this by setting in the web.config the name of NLB service host, and reading
it from there.

The question is if we could use Request.UrlReferrer to get the name of NLB
host address when we locates on specific node? actually the host name of
the first request, which redirected us to this node.

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [Microsoft MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour