Nmake Error Two Modules

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Mike, Nov 8, 2006.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hi,
    I have written two modules with the following structure

    Sta::Wf
    Sta::Txt

    I have a Makefile with the follwing DIR command
    'DIR' => [ qw( Sta/Txt Sta/Wf )],

    After comiling the first module, i get the following error after
    apparently trying to cd back
    cd ..
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x1'
    Stop.

    If i remove one of the directories, i dont get an error, but the last
    line is also
    cd ..

    The compiles work, if done seperately.

    I am on WinXP, Activestate perl 5.8.8 build 8.19 COmpiler i am using is
    gcc.

    Thanks
    Mike

    Mike, Nov 8, 2006

  2. Mike

    Sisyphus Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have written two modules with the following structure
    >
    > Sta::Wf
    > Sta::Txt
    >
    > I have a Makefile with the follwing DIR command
    > 'DIR' => [ qw( Sta/Txt Sta/Wf )],

    Are you sure you need to include that ''DIR => ...' entry ? (What happens if
    you remove it ?).

    See, for example the libwin source package (
    http://search.cpan.org/~jdb/libwin32-0.26/ ), which contains a number of
    modules and Makefile.PL's in various subdirectories - all of which get built
    by simply running the top level Makefile.PL - without any need for a "DIR =>
    ..." entry in that top level Makefile.PL.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Nov 8, 2006

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Thanks Rob,
    That worked.
    I had to move the directory structure back one level as follows.

    ia-sta-1.0.0\
    Makefile.pl (Without DIR, and a postable to cd Sta and run a make)
    Sta\
    makefile (make for sta)
    sta.c (Global c funtions for both modules)
    sta.h
    Wf\
    All module files (Makefile.pl, .xs, typemap, etc)
    Txt
    All module files (Makefile.pl, .xs, typemap, etc)

    Thanks Again

    Mike, Nov 8, 2006