    there is someone who can tell me the meaning of \c+ pattern?

    Thanks
    PAP

    Valentino Franceschetti, Nov 18, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    Valentino Franceschetti <> wrote:

    >there is someone who can tell me the meaning of \c+ pattern?

    \c means a "name character", that is a character that can appear in
    XML names, given by the NameChar production in the XML spec.

    \c+ means one or more name characters, and corresponds to a name
    token, the XML Nmtoken production, and the values allowed in an
    attribute declared to be of type NMTOKEN.

    (Name tokens differ from names in that the first character of a name
    is more restricted; for example a999 is a name, but 999 is not even
    though it is a name token.)

    -- Richard

    FreeBSD rules!

    Richard Tobin, Nov 18, 2003