    !TG Guest

    I just setup a 2003 ent server.
    How do I get .Net installed so I can run asmx, aspx, asax, etc?
    !TG, Jun 16, 2005

  2. !TG wrote:
    > I just setup a 2003 ent server.
    > How do I get .Net installed so I can run asmx, aspx, asax, etc?

    Shouldn't it already be installed? If not, go download it from
    msdn.microsoft.com. Also:

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jun 16, 2005

  3. !TG

    !TG Guest

    Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    > !TG wrote:
    >
    >>I just setup a 2003 ent server.
    >>How do I get .Net installed so I can run asmx, aspx, asax, etc?

    > Shouldn't it already be installed? If not, go download it from
    > msdn.microsoft.com. Also:
    >
    > There was no way for you to know it, but this is a classic asp newsgroup.
    > While you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can
    > answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your
    > question to a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest
    > microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Bob Barrows

    So it was. The application extension wasn't mapped though, I had to do
    so manually; how odd. Good thing I have a 2000 server with them so I
    knew where to map to.

    Thanks for the advice on the correct forum to post to.
    !TG, Jun 16, 2005
  4. !TG

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    !TG wrote:
    > Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    >
    >> !TG wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just setup a 2003 ent server.
    >>> How do I get .Net installed so I can run asmx, aspx, asax, etc?

    >> Shouldn't it already be installed? If not, go download it from
    >> msdn.microsoft.com. Also:
    >>
    >> There was no way for you to know it, but this is a classic asp newsgroup.
    >> While you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can
    >> answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your
    >> question to a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest
    >> microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.
    >>
    >> HTH,
    >> Bob Barrows
    >>

    > So it was. The application extension wasn't mapped though, I had to do
    > so manually; how odd. Good thing I have a 2000 server with them so I
    > knew where to map to.
    >
    > Thanks for the advice on the correct forum to post to.

    lookup the aspnet_regiis command..
    This will take care of what you need. It's in the Framework folder,
    you'll see with a quick search

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com