no autopostback on a grid?

Tina

I have a grid with a select button. I went to turn off AutoPostBack and
there is no such attribute. Is there any way to make a grid behave as would
a listbox and not autopost back upon the selection?
Thanks,

Jeffrey Palermo [MCP]

Tina,
The selection buttons on a grid do the row selecting on the server
during a postback. If the page doesn't post back, the row won't be
selected. The autopostback behavior is the design of the built-in row
selecting functionality, so the answer to your question is no (without
coding some custom client-side code).

Best regards,
Jeffrey Palermo

Tina

I don't suppose there is any such thing as a multi column listbox short of
building the columns in code?

Jeffrey Palermo [MCP]

Tina,
There is not html multi-column listbox, but you could mimic one by
adding spaces between two strings in the text of each list item, but there
is no control to handle this for you.

--
Best regards,
Jeffrey Palermo

Tina said:
I don't suppose there is any such thing as a multi column listbox short of
building the columns in code?

"Jeffrey Palermo [MCP]" <http://dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/jpalermo> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...