No child process

Discussion in 'Python' started by RichardT, Feb 28, 2008.

  1. RichardT

    RichardT Guest

    A few years ago I wrote a Python/Tkinter app which uses some code
    like:

    child = popen2.Popen4(command)
    lines = child.fromchild.readlines()
    exit_status = child.wait()

    The app originally ran on HP-UX with no problems.

    Since switching to Red Hat, the wait() call occasionally fails with
    'No child process'.

    Evidence shows that the child process did run successfully.

    Can anyone explain what might cause this?

    (The application doesn't use threading and we are currently running
    Python 2.4).
    --
    RichardT
    RichardT, Feb 28, 2008