    in this case? My understanding is that no client-side
    solution to this problem.

    please advise. thanks!!

    Matt, Oct 15, 2004

  2. Matt

    rf Guest

    Matt wrote
    > <input type="file" size=50"> will produce the browse button
    > and browse text box.
    >
    > The user can either select the file from browse button,
    > or enter a path in browse text box manually. My question is if
    > there are any client-side code to check if the path exists
    > in this case?

    No, assuming you mean javascript code.

    > My understanding is that no client-side
    > solution to this problem.

    Correct. Javascript does not have access to the local file system, or any
    file system for that matter.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 15, 2004

  3. Matt

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Matt said:

    > The user can either select the file from browse button,
    > or enter a path in browse text box manually. My question is if
    > there are any client-side code to check if the path exists
    > in this case?

    hmmmmm... i wonder if my visitors have XYZ version 3. its got a security
    hole i can exploit.

    i know, it has a directory entry unique from the other versions. i'll
    just check if the path to that directory is valid.....

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 16, 2004