no cmp field defined in cmp ejb

Discussion in 'Java' started by Andrea Sansottera, Jul 16, 2004.

  1. I'm so boring I know... this is my problem...

    I wrote the following entity bean, it rappresents something like this:

    primary key id (managed by the container)
    foreign key formulation_product (cmp relationship field)
    foreign key ingredient (cmp relationship field)

    public abstract class FormulationComponentBean implements EntityBean {

    /* Relationship field getters */
    public abstract FormulationProduct getFormulationProduct();
    public abstract Ingredient getIngredient();
    /* Relationship field setters */
    public abstract void setFormulationProduct(FormulationProduct product);
    public abstract void setIngredient(Ingredient ingredient);

    [...create methods and others ejb* methods...]

    }

    When I try to autogenerate database table with Sun Deploytool I get this
    error message: "no cmp field defined in cmp ejb".

    I really do not need any persistent field, but only relationship field...
    should I insert a fake persisten field just to satisfy that silly utility?
    Or I am wrong on something?

    Thanks a lot for any help...

    Andrea Sansottera, Jul 16, 2004