    jump through these hoops) but all in all its still worth it for now I guess.

    What do you guys think?

    Steve
    Steve Franks, Sep 11, 2005

  2. Steve Franks

    Siva M Guest

    Hi,

    I think you are talking about the 'My' class available in VB.NET 2005. There
    is a wrapper available for C# users at
    http://www.idesign.net/idesign/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=5&tabid=8
    (Search for 'My for C# 2.0') by Juval Lowy. Check it out.

    HTH

    "Steve Franks" <> wrote in message
    I'm using VS.NET 2005 beta 2 and am excited about the idea of using code
    snippets. This is a nice time saver. For example I need to read all text
    from a file, and see that with a simple command VB.NET will do this for me
    nicely.

    However in order for this to work it must be in VB.NET, and all my code is
    in C#. Are any of the built-in snippets available yet for C# users? Any
    way around this?

    For now I've created a utility class as my only VB.NET based class. Then I
    use the snippet in there and return a string. So this is an extra step that
    I'd rather avoid (as it starts to defeat the purposes of builtin snippets to

    Siva M, Sep 11, 2005

  3. With VS.NET, it was announced that developers would be able
    to create and distribute their own customized code snippets.

    That isn't implemented yet and when you try to search for snippets,
    VS.NET just spins its wheels.

    When that feature comes online, it should be a powerful tool.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 11, 2005