No create asp.net 2.0 project in my VS2005?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Nik Coughlin, Apr 5, 2006.

  1. Nik Coughlin

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    Hi,

    My VS2005 seems to be missing the ASP.NET Web Application template for some
    reason. With the following instructions:

    To create the project and form
    On the File menu, point to New, then click Project.
    In the New Project dialog box, do the following:
    In the Project Types pane, choose either Visual Basic Projects or Visual C#
    Projects.
    In the Templates pane, choose ASP.NET Web Application.

    OK, this is where I get stuck, I don't have ASP.NET Web Application as an
    option in there.

    This is all I get:

    http://nrkn.com/temp/vs2005.png [12k]

    Any ideas? Haven't had any luck with Google.

    Nik Coughlin, Apr 5, 2006

  2. Weird. Maybe you can run the installer again and make sure the Web
    application option is included?

    Ken Cox - Microsoft MVP, Apr 5, 2006

  3. Nik Coughlin

    Jan Hyde Guest

    "Nik Coughlin" <>'s wild thoughts were
    released on Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:00:02 +1200 bearing the
    following fruit:

    >Hi,
    >
    >My VS2005 seems to be missing the ASP.NET Web Application template for some
    >reason. With the following instructions:
    >
    >To create the project and form
    >On the File menu, point to New, then click Project.

    On the File menu, select 'New Web Site'

    >In the New Project dialog box, do the following:
    >In the Project Types pane, choose either Visual Basic Projects or Visual C#
    >Projects.
    >In the Templates pane, choose ASP.NET Web Application.
    >
    >OK, this is where I get stuck, I don't have ASP.NET Web Application as an
    >option in there.
    >
    >This is all I get:
    >
    >http://nrkn.com/temp/vs2005.png [12k]
    >
    >Any ideas? Haven't had any luck with Google.

    Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

    --
    Amount: Large rock (Jan Hyde)

    Jan Hyde, Apr 5, 2006
  4. Nik Coughlin

    dgk Guest

    On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:00:02 +1200, "Nik Coughlin" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >My VS2005 seems to be missing the ASP.NET Web Application template for some
    >reason. With the following instructions:
    >
    >To create the project and form
    >On the File menu, point to New, then click Project.
    >In the New Project dialog box, do the following:
    >In the Project Types pane, choose either Visual Basic Projects or Visual C#
    >Projects.
    >In the Templates pane, choose ASP.NET Web Application.
    >
    >OK, this is where I get stuck, I don't have ASP.NET Web Application as an
    >option in there.
    >
    >This is all I get:
    >
    >http://nrkn.com/temp/vs2005.png [12k]
    >
    >Any ideas? Haven't had any luck with Google.

    I think that everyone hit this the first time. Don't use New Project,
    use New Website.

    dgk, Apr 5, 2006
  5. I am also facing the same problem did you find any luck in this please replay
    me on
    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVlcmFqIEJsYWNrIEJpdHM=?=, Apr 21, 2006
  6. Nik Coughlin

    Jan Hyde Guest

    Neeraj Black Bits <Neeraj Black
    >'s wild thoughts were
    released on Fri, 21 Apr 2006 01:11:02 -0700 bearing the
    following fruit:

    >I am also facing the same problem did you find any luck in this please replay
    >me on
    >Thanks

    Erm.. but the solution is right there... in the post you
    replied to... and it's rude to ask for email responses to
    newsgroup posts..

    >"dgk" wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:00:02 +1200, "Nik Coughlin" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi,
    >> >
    >> >My VS2005 seems to be missing the ASP.NET Web Application template for some
    >> >reason. With the following instructions:
    >> >
    >> >To create the project and form
    >> >On the File menu, point to New, then click Project.
    >> >In the New Project dialog box, do the following:
    >> >In the Project Types pane, choose either Visual Basic Projects or Visual C#
    >> >Projects.
    >> >In the Templates pane, choose ASP.NET Web Application.
    >> >
    >> >OK, this is where I get stuck, I don't have ASP.NET Web Application as an
    >> >option in there.
    >> >
    >> >This is all I get:
    >> >
    >> >http://nrkn.com/temp/vs2005.png [12k]
    >> >
    >> >Any ideas? Haven't had any luck with Google.
    >> >

    >> I think that everyone hit this the first time. Don't use New Project,
    >> use New Website.

    Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

    --
    Did you hear about the self help group for compulsive talkers? It's called On & On Anon. (Doug Helsel)

    Jan Hyde, Apr 24, 2006