No execution of system calls in cygwin-perl after update

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by boltz@gmx.de, Aug 24, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi there,

    I recently had to update my old cygwin installation to a newer version.
    I'm not quite sure what version I updated from or to - but the old
    version came with perl 5.6, the one I updated to with version 5.8. This
    is also the reason why I had to run the update.
    So far so good.

    In my perl scripts there are a lot of calls to application installed on
    this particular windows system (such as MS compiler or MKS Source
    Integrity). On the old cygwin-perl everything was just running fine.
    Since I made the update none of those system calls seem to be executed.
    I tried running the same command lines from within the cygwin shell -
    and they work fine. From within perl they just seem to be ignored. I
    don't get any error messaged (at least not from the perl debugger or
    the shell). The call itself returns on $? just 256 which I didn't find
    anything helpful about.

    Do I have to set any permissions to the perl interpreter that existed
    prior the update and have been over-written by it?

    Can anybody help me?

    Cheers,
    Mac

    , Aug 24, 2006