No IIS "Web Service Extensions" even after reinstalling .NET Framework 1.1

Nick

Hi there,

I despearately need to get IIS working with ASP.NET, but I still can't
see any "Web Service Extensions". My previous question regarding this ended
in the decision to uninstall .NET Framework 1.1 then reinstall,
unfortunately this seems to have done nothing.

I've tried calling aspnet_regiis in a number of ways but that seems to
do nothing either, even though it says that uninstallation and installation
completes successfully. Thanks in advance.

Nick

Aaah, aspnet_regiis -enable appears to have got it working although I'm
unsure if there are any other settings in the "Web Service Extensions" that
I will need? No doubt something will happen!

Nick.

DazedAndConfused

I just went through this yesterday myself. I know on XP Pro the properties
tag says Server Extentions, I am assumming you ran aspnet_regiis.exe from
the command line. What is the error you are getting?

Nick

Hi there,

Wasn't getting an error, just cant see the Web Service Extensions folder
to configure ASP.NET. But it's working now anyway, via
aspnet_regiis -enable. Cheers for your reply.

Nick.

DazedAndConfused said:
I just went through this yesterday myself. I know on XP Pro the properties
tag says Server Extentions, I am assumming you ran aspnet_regiis.exe from
the command line. What is the error you are getting?

reddan

Nick said:
Hi there,

Wasn't getting an error, just cant see the Web Service Extensions folder
to configure ASP.NET. But it's working now anyway, via
aspnet_regiis -enable. Cheers for your reply.

Nick.

Nick,

Are you running IIS 6.0 on Windows Server 2003? AFAIK, that's the only
place you'll see the Web Service Extensions node in the IIS management
console.

If you're running XP or 2000, there is no Web Service Extensions node
to my knowledge. (Of course, I'm wrong on a fairly regular basis...)

Best,

Dan

Nick

Hi Dan
Are you running IIS 6.0 on Windows Server 2003? AFAIK, that's the only
place you'll see the Web Service Extensions node in the IIS management
console.

Nope, running XP Pro.
If you're running XP or 2000, there is no Web Service Extensions node
to my knowledge. (Of course, I'm wrong on a fairly regular basis...)

Oh, well that would be why I don't see it there then. I had to enable
via aspnet_regiis, rather than the aplette within the management console
which I thought was pretty odd. Your probably not wrong though knowing my
luck, spend time looking for something that shouldnt be there!

Nick.