"No Instances" seen for Instrumentation with EntLib2 in Perfmon

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Codex Twin, Feb 21, 2006.

  1. Codex Twin

    Codex Twin Guest

    After installing Instrumentation in EL2, I switched on instrumentation by
    setting PerformanceCountersEnabled to true via the Exterprise Library
    Configuration Console tool.

    In perfmon it installed Performance objects for:
    Caching
    Cryptography
    Data
    Exception
    Logging
    Security

    I saw the counters and instances for all these objects.
    However, after a reboot, I noticed that the instances for the counters have
    disappeared and have been replaced with "<No Instances>"

    Any idea why this has occurred and how the problem can be fixed to do
    Instrumenation with performance monitors.

    Thanks

    Codex Twin, Feb 21, 2006