    Is there a fix I could use for this?
    Thanks in advance,

    Nick.

    e n | c k m a, Jul 23, 2003

  2. e n | c k m a

    Bill Mason Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 00:38:43 GMT, "e n | c k m a" <>
    wrote:

    >Sorry if this has been discussed before but I was looking for a quick fix I
    >suppose. Netscape 6.2 doesn't seem to be able to support the <label> tag -
    >it just doesn't display them AT ALL [as if they don't exist] on a web form.
    >
    >Netscape 7.1 works fine - I haven't tried other Netscape browsers.
    >
    >Is there a fix I could use for this?
    >Thanks in advance,

    They can work in 6.2 - they work on my site. But there were old bugs
    that made them vanish depending on what kind of CSS formatting you try
    to do with them, particularly with positioning or floating I think it
    was.

    Bill Mason
    Accessible Internet
    http://www.accessibleinter.net/

    Bill Mason, Jul 23, 2003

  3. e n | c k m a

    Kris Guest

    In article <IlFTa.10800$>,
    "e n | c k m a" <> wrote:

    > "Kris" <> wrote...

    > Do you have to use span or can you use div as well?

    Sure. Or <p>. Whatever suits the content. I tend to use <span> because
    it is 'a last hope' when my markup is already as clean and appropriate
    as I can get it. This is also merely an example that goes in a lot of
    situations, but probably not in all.

    > Also, can the lbl class
    > contain the float attribute?

    Yes, that is the point.
    ..lbl { float: left; width: 12em; }

    > Do you have to specifically use 'lbl' in the class definition as well?

    Yes. See CSS above.

    --
    Kris
    erlands (nl)

    Kris, Jul 24, 2003
  4. e n | c k m a

    Brian Guest

    Kris wrote:

> [...]

    Get out! You mean N6 only chokes on the tag?! <sigh> :) Thanks, I
    would never have imagined.

    > <sarcasm>Or do what the clueless do, don't use LABEL and CSS at
    > all. After all, it is not supported really.</sarcasm >

    <sarcasm class="very">yeah, css is broken, it doesn't work as good as
    table layouts. table layouts make things look the same in all
    browsers.</sarcasm>

    --
    Brian
    follow the directions in my address to email me

    Brian, Jul 24, 2003
  5. e n | c k m a

    Kris Guest

    In article <lYYTa.122030$GL4.32524@rwcrnsc53>,
    Brian <-remove-this-part> wrote:

    > Get out! You mean N6 only chokes on the tag?! <sigh> :) Thanks, I
    > would never have imagined.

    No, N6 chokes whenapplying CSS positioning or floats on LABEL. It makes
    it dissapear.

    > > <sarcasm>Or do what the clueless do, don't use LABEL and CSS at
    > > all. After all, it is not supported really.</sarcasm >

    > <sarcasm class="very">yeah, css is broken, it doesn't work as good as
    > table layouts. table layouts make things look the same in all
    > browsers.</sarcasm>

    <sarcasm>Which enables our kind to exert even more control over those
    stupid cows of visitors. Clearly our precious artistic talents need to
    be forced upon them, for they cannot make any decision themselves nor
    are allowed to have any preference. Which reminds me to strongly
    encourage taking over the user's browser as well, by raining down popup
    and popunder windows, resize their browser, auto-adding bookmarks, hide
    the status bar content, breaking the back button and changing their GUI
    elements, like scrollbars and form-controls. Now, close your eyes and
    count to 666.</sarcasm>

    Kris, Jul 24, 2003