No module named _socket, on windows

louisJ

Hi

I installed python 2.6 (from python.org) for windows XP, and then
Pylab.
When I type "import pylab" in a python shell it shows the error:

ImportError: No module named _socket

Any idea what can I do to make this work?

thank you

Gabriel Genellina

I installed python 2.6 (from python.org) for windows XP, and then
Pylab.
When I type "import pylab" in a python shell it shows the error:

ImportError: No module named _socket

Open the Python command line, type the following lines, and tell us what
happens:

Python 2.6.4 (r264:75708, Oct 26 2009, 08:23:19) [MSC v.1500 32 bit
(Intel)] on
win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.<module '_socket' from 'd:\apps\python26\DLLs\_socket.pyd'>

louisJ

I don't know what happened or what I did in the meantime but it works
now...no more errors.

Gabriel, for information now I have:<module '_socket' from 'C:\Python26\DLLs\_socket.pyd'>

Thank you anyway.