    <%@ Page Language="VB" CodeFile="any.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %>

    Thanks
    Cas

    Cas, Aug 27, 2006

  2. The default debug setting is "true".
    In order to set it to "false" you must *explicitly* set it to "false".

    The place to do that is in web.config's <compilation... section.

    Set <compilation debug = "false" when you publish web sites.
    *Never* run a production website with debug set to true.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Aug 27, 2006

  3. Cas

    Cas Guest

    Thanks for replying.
    To be sure i understand:
    if i put <compilation debug = "false" in the web.config, i don't need to put
    "debug="false" in every aspx file. I just can omit it in every aspx file.
    Right?

    Cas

    Cas, Aug 27, 2006
  4. Cas

    Kevin Jones Guest

    Actually the default setting is False!

    If you don't set the debug attribute on the page, and you leave it out
    of web.config entirely then the global web.config attribute is used. If
    you look in <Framework Dir>\Config\web.config.comments you will see it
    set to false.

    As a test, compile the app with no settings, look in the "Temporary
    ASP.Net files" directory and you will see no code files in there (.cs or
    ..vb), now change it to debug=true and re build the app and you'll find
    the code files needed for debugging,

    Kevin Jones

    Kevin Jones, Aug 28, 2006
  5. Oops, good catch!

    This is the second time I thank you today.
    Maybe I should have taken a nap before replying yesterday.

    Juan T. Llibre, Aug 28, 2006
  6. Cas

    Kevin Jones Guest

    np