no permission to create directory

Jimmy

Hi

I am trying to create a new directory "newdir" but i get the error:

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
"c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MakeLab4\newdir" is denied.

I think i have to grant the necessary permissions. Where can i do that
because in the explorer i can't find the security tab. I am using windows xp
sp1 and visual studio 2003

ch Jim

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

you probably have simple file sharing enabled and therefore you can't set
the permissions.

Open up Windows Explorer, then

1. Tools -- Folder Options
2. Select View tab
3. In "Advanced Settings" locatye checkbox "Use simple file sharing"
4. Uncheck it and click Apply

Now you can set permissions for folders and files. Go ahead and give Modify
Permissions for ASPNET user to the folder (MakeLab4) in question.