    because in the explorer i can't find the security tab. I am using windows xp
    sp1 and visual studio 2003

    ch Jim

    Jimmy, Mar 22, 2005

  2. Jimmy

    Jimmy Guest

    nevermind

    Jimmy, Mar 22, 2005

  3. Jimmy

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    you probably have simple file sharing enabled and therefore you can't set
    the permissions.

    Open up Windows Explorer, then

    1. Tools -- Folder Options
    2. Select View tab
    3. In "Advanced Settings" locatye checkbox "Use simple file sharing"
    4. Uncheck it and click Apply

    Now you can set permissions for folders and files. Go ahead and give Modify
    Permissions for ASPNET user to the folder (MakeLab4) in question.

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    ASP.NET MVP, Finland

    Teemu Keiski, Mar 22, 2005