no print preview in IE

david.graham18

Hi
A friend asked me yesterday why he gets a blank page when he tries to print
preview a web page. The only explanation that comes to mind is maybe his TIF
folder is fall and a good clear out will do the trick. This might be wrong -
I don't know and I have had no feedback yet. Is this a know problem that
someone has had before?
thanks
David

brucie

in post: <
david.graham18 said:
A friend asked me yesterday why he gets a blank page when he tries to print
preview a web page.

perhaps:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257097

or the page may have something like: @media print{*{display:none;}}
The only explanation that comes to mind is maybe his TIF
folder is fall and a good clear out will do the trick.

sounds reasonable but M$ only mention the view source pooing itself,
nothing about the print preview also pooing itself with a full TIF.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306907

david.graham18

brucie said:
in post: <

perhaps:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257097

or the page may have something like: @media print{*{display:none;}}

Yes, never occurred to me to ask him if this affected any web page or just a
specific web page
sounds reasonable but M$ only mention the view source pooing itself,
nothing about the print preview also pooing itself with a full TIF.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306907

I have had that problem in the past, that is the source not showing when the
TIF is full - was just thinking it might also affect print preview. I will
ask this guy next week when I see him how he has got on.

many thanks
David