no python mode for my gvim

Discussion in 'Python' started by pygeek, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. pygeek

    pygeek Guest

    Hello everyone.
    I have some problems regarding gvim and Python.
    I have gvim 6.2 running under WinXP, with Python mode
    feature included during compilation [+python/dyn].
    Whenever I try to use gvim's python commands,
    the following error messages would appear:

    "E370: Could not load library python21.dll
    E263: Sorry, this command is disabled, the Python library could not
    be loaded."

    I have Python 2.2.2 running and what concerns me is that,
    I only have the file 'python22.dll' in C:\Windows\System32 and not
    'python21.dll' as
    required by gvim. How do i go about loading the .dll file for gvim?

    Please advise. Thank you.

    --Daniel D.--

    pygeek, Jul 10, 2003

  2. pygeek

    Alan Gauld Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:23:32 +0000, pygeek
    <> wrote:

    > "E370: Could not load library python21.dll
    > I have Python 2.2.2 running and what concerns me is that,
    > I only have the file 'python22.dll' in C:\Windows\System32 and not
    > 'python21.dll' as
    > required by gvim. How do i go about loading the .dll file for gvim?

    I guess you need to install a copy of Python 2.1 somewhere. You
    can delete all the docs and samples if space is tight...

    [ Or you might try finding the call to load the DLL
    (loadlibrary()?)and change the name if its hard coded, but I
    dunno if that will work, its probably too simple! ]

    Alan g.
    Alan g.
    http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/

    Alan Gauld, Jul 10, 2003

  3. pygeek

    ddaemon Guest

    Alan Gauld wrote:

    > On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:23:32 +0000, pygeek
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > "E370: Could not load library python21.dll

    > I guess you need to install a copy of Python 2.1 somewhere. You
    > can delete all the docs and samples if space is tight...
    >
    > [ Or you might try finding the call to load the DLL
    > (loadlibrary()?)and change the name if its hard coded, but I
    > dunno if that will work, its probably too simple! ]

    I'll try installing Python 2.1 later to see if it works.
    question: how do i use the loadlibrary function?
    i'm relatively new to gvim, sorry.
    thanks for the reply.

    --pygeek--

    ddaemon, Jul 11, 2003