no "Request timed out" - Error

yRudi

I experimented with the executeionTimeout for my web-application. I
tried to enforce the following error: "System.Web.HttpException:
Request timed out".

I used a function, that takes about 60 seconds for execution and set
the executtionTimeout to 5 seconds, but i did not get the expected
error.
The page worked completely normal.

I'm using a Windows-Server 2003.

I tried the following configuration in the web.config and in the
machine.config file.

<system.web>
<httpRuntime executionTimeout="5"/>
</system.web>

Does any one know why i don't get the expected error?

William F. Robertson, Jr.

If you are in debug mode, or debug=true in your webconfig, they timeout does
not apply.

bill