    recommendations for transport to and from the airport?

    -- Matt
    It's not what I know that counts, it's what I can remember in time to use.
    Matt Lawrence, Sep 23, 2004

  2. Hi --

    On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Matt Lawrence wrote:

    > I just called the conference hotel and was told that they are completely
    > booked on Thursday and Friday nights. Any suggestions?

    Here's a list of hotels near the conference facility:

    http://www.dullesexpo.com/guestinfo/hotelinfo/index.htm

    Of those, I was told that the Homestead and Sierra ones are the
    closest. A number of us will have cars, so that we should be able to
    shuttle people around pretty efficiently.

    > Also, will there be wireless access at the convention? How about
    > recommendations for transport to and from the airport?

    As far as I know there is no wireless. The conference hotel has a free
    airport shuttle; the estimate for taxis is $20 (as per the hotel
    website).

    David

    --
    David A. Black
    David A. Black, Sep 23, 2004

  3. Matt Lawrence

    Paul Duncan Guest

    --XZq0mbLCR4KNTYFe

    * David A. Black () wrote:
    > Hi --
    >=20
    > On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Matt Lawrence wrote:
    >=20
    > > I just called the conference hotel and was told that they are completel=

    y=20
    > > booked on Thursday and Friday nights. Any suggestions?

    >=20
    > Here's a list of hotels near the conference facility:
    >=20
    > http://www.dullesexpo.com/guestinfo/hotelinfo/index.htm
    >=20
    > Of those, I was told that the Homestead and Sierra ones are the
    > closest. A number of us will have cars, so that we should be able to
    > shuttle people around pretty efficiently. =20

    I'll be able to transport people around as well if anyone needs it.

    > > Also, will there be wireless access at the convention? How about=20
    > > recommendations for transport to and from the airport?

    >=20
    > As far as I know there is no wireless. The conference hotel has a free
    > airport shuttle; the estimate for taxis is $20 (as per the hotel
    > website). =20

    We've got a couple of extra WAPs at the house, if that helps. We'd
    still need something to plug them in to though.

    > David
    >=20
    > --=20
    > David A. Black

    --=20
    Paul Duncan <> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
    http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

    --XZq0mbLCR4KNTYFe

    --XZq0mbLCR4KNTYFe--
    Paul Duncan, Sep 24, 2004
  4. Hi --

    On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, David A. Black wrote:

    > Hi --
    >
    > On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Matt Lawrence wrote:
    >
    > > I just called the conference hotel and was told that they are completely
    > > booked on Thursday and Friday nights. Any suggestions?

    > Here's a list of hotels near the conference facility:
    >
    > http://www.dullesexpo.com/guestinfo/hotelinfo/index.htm
    >
    > Of those, I was told that the Homestead and Sierra ones are the
    > closest. A number of us will have cars, so that we should be able to
    > shuttle people around pretty efficiently.
    >
    > > Also, will there be wireless access at the convention? How about
    > > recommendations for transport to and from the airport?

    > As far as I know there is no wireless. The conference hotel has a free
    > airport shuttle; the estimate for taxis is $20 (as per the hotel
    > website).

    I should clarify: that's Dulles airport, not BWI.

    David

    --
    David A. Black
    David A. Black, Sep 25, 2004
  5. Matt Lawrence

    Paul Duncan Guest

    --Pui5YDBJbCQuJ1A1

    * David A. Black () wrote:
    > Hi --
    >=20
    > On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, David A. Black wrote:
    >=20
    > > Hi --
    > >=20
    > > On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Matt Lawrence wrote:
    > >=20
    > > > I just called the conference hotel and was told that they are complet=

    ely=20
    > > > booked on Thursday and Friday nights. Any suggestions?

    > >=20
    > > Here's a list of hotels near the conference facility:
    > >=20
    > > http://www.dullesexpo.com/guestinfo/hotelinfo/index.htm
    > >=20
    > > Of those, I was told that the Homestead and Sierra ones are the
    > > closest. A number of us will have cars, so that we should be able to
    > > shuttle people around pretty efficiently. =20
    > >=20
    > > > Also, will there be wireless access at the convention? How about=20
    > > > recommendations for transport to and from the airport?

    > >=20
    > > As far as I know there is no wireless. The conference hotel has a free
    > > airport shuttle; the estimate for taxis is $20 (as per the hotel
    > > website). =20

    >=20
    > I should clarify: that's Dulles airport, not BWI. =20

    There's also Reagan (aka National) in the area, but you can take the
    metro to the Dunn-Loring stop, then take a cab from there. There are=20
    also a couple of shuttles that run between Dulles and Reagan, and
    between Dulles and the metro. Here's one that costs $8 one-way, and $14
    round-trip:

    http://www.washfly.com/faqs.htm

    If anyone else is coming from BWI, I posted some information to the list
    earlier today, you can read it here:

    http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/113659

    Hope this helps...

    > David
    >=20
    > --=20
    > David A. Black

    --=20
    Paul Duncan <> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
    http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

    --Pui5YDBJbCQuJ1A1

    --Pui5YDBJbCQuJ1A1--
    Paul Duncan, Sep 25, 2004