no runtime library with turbo C

doodoosy

Hi,

I'd like to know how to write a program witch don't use the runtime
library so it will be smaller...

I use turbo C 3 and I also have TASM

Hari

Hi,

I'd like to know how to write a program witch don't use the runtime
library so it will be smaller...

Runtime libraries are used to reduce the size of the final executable. So
all the applications on the system share same library.

Emmanuel Delahaye

doodoosy wrote on 04/09/05 :
Hi,

I'd like to know how to write a program witch don't use the runtime
library so it will be smaller...

I use turbo C 3 and I also have TASM

This is not a C-question.

<OT>
Options/Linker/Libraries
Standard Run-time Library
Select 'None'

Kinda obvious, isn't ?
</OT>

--
Emmanuel

"Clearly your code does not meet the original spec."
"You are sentenced to 30 lashes with a wet noodle."
-- Jerry Coffin in a.l.c.c++

Emmanuel Delahaye

Hari wrote on 04/09/05 :
Runtime libraries are used to reduce the size of the final executable. So
all the applications on the system share same library.

What do you mean ? It depends on the linker. Some allow static RTL,
others dynamic...

--
Emmanuel

"Clearly your code does not meet the original spec."
"You are sentenced to 30 lashes with a wet noodle."
-- Jerry Coffin in a.l.c.c++

doodoosy

Runtime libraries are used to reduce the size of the final executable. So
all the applications on the system share same library.

I'm talking about a static runtime library (remember, Turbo C is under
DOS)