    I'd like to know how to write a program witch don't use the runtime
    library so it will be smaller...

    I use turbo C 3 and I also have TASM

    doodoosy, Sep 4, 2005

  2. doodoosy

    Hari Guest

    On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 09:26:22 -0700, doodoosy wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'd like to know how to write a program witch don't use the runtime
    > library so it will be smaller...

    Runtime libraries are used to reduce the size of the final executable. So
    all the applications on the system share same library.

    --
    Hari

    Hari, Sep 4, 2005

  3. doodoosy wrote on 04/09/05 :
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'd like to know how to write a program witch don't use the runtime
    > library so it will be smaller...
    >
    > I use turbo C 3 and I also have TASM

    This is not a C-question.

    <OT>
    Options/Linker/Libraries
    Standard Run-time Library
    Select 'None'

    Kinda obvious, isn't ?
    </OT>

    --
    Emmanuel

    "Clearly your code does not meet the original spec."
    "You are sentenced to 30 lashes with a wet noodle."
    -- Jerry Coffin in a.l.c.c++

    Emmanuel Delahaye, Sep 4, 2005
  4. Hari wrote on 04/09/05 :
    > Runtime libraries are used to reduce the size of the final executable. So
    > all the applications on the system share same library.

    What do you mean ? It depends on the linker. Some allow static RTL,
    others dynamic...

    Emmanuel Delahaye, Sep 4, 2005
  5. doodoosy

    doodoosy Guest

    >Runtime libraries are used to reduce the size of the final executable. So
    >all the applications on the system share same library.

    I'm talking about a static runtime library (remember, Turbo C is under
    DOS)

    doodoosy, Sep 4, 2005
  6. "doodoosy" <> wrote in message
    > I'd like to know how to write a program witch don't use the runtime
    > library so it will be smaller...
    >
    > I use turbo C 3 and I also have TASM

    Wrong group. Try news:alt.os.development instead. And don't forget to
    checkout this: http://alexfru.narod.ru/os/c16/c16.html as it may be exactly
    what you're looking for.

    HTH,
    Alex