No submit button in xforms

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Coralsnake, Aug 4, 2006.

  1. Coralsnake

    Coralsnake Guest

    Hi group,

    I would like to experiment with xforms. But the problem is, whatever I do,
    I don't get a submit button, not in IE en not in FF. Have you've got any
    idea what could be wrong?

    Some basic code I've tried:

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE></TITLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <xforms>
    <model>
    <instance>
    <person>
    <fname/>
    <lname/>
    </person>
    </instance>
    <submission id="form1" method="get" action="submit.asp"/>
    </model>
    </xforms>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

    Thanks for your time..
    CS

    Coralsnake, Aug 4, 2006

  2. Coralsnake <boefjehotmailcom> wrote:

    > I would like to experiment with xforms. But the problem is, whatever I do,
    > I don't get a submit button, not in IE en not in FF. Have you've got any
    > idea what could be wrong?

    > <BODY>
    > <xforms>

    Well, the first problem is that you can't simply drop some xforms code into
    an HTML document. If you were working in XHTML (served as
    application/xhtml+xml, not text/html) then you could use a mixed namespace
    document.

    The second problem is that neither Internet Explorer nor Firefox has built
    in support for Xforms.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Aug 4, 2006