no such host found

Bart

Hi,

I have a webservice over soap.tcp (WSE 3.0).
When I generate the proxy with the servername it is working great.
Now I have added a dns entry with another name pointing to the same server.
When I try to generate the proxy I get an error :
Error: Microsoft.Web.Services3.Addressing.AddressingFault: Destination
Unreachable

Why?

WenJun Zhang[msft]

Hi,

Looks like the new DNS entry hasn't been able to be resolved properly on
the client.

Have you tested ping the new DNS name from the client machine? What's the
result?

If ping works fine, please test browse to the server with IE. See if the
normal browsing reports any detailed error message.

Have a nice day,

WenJun Zhang
Microsoft Online Partner Support