no such interface supported when checking parent.frame.document

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by threeflush@hotmail.com, Mar 30, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I have some code that checks to see if a document object exists in a
    sibling frame before continuing processing like:

    if (parent.frames[4].document){

    However, sometimes the frame I'm checking has an Adobe Reader 7.0 pdf
    file in it. If it does, and when it hits the above line of code, the
    error message:

    "No such interface supported"

    The odd thing is this ONLY happens with Adobe 7.0. 6.0 and previous
    work just fine.

    I'm not able to find anything at the Adobe website regarding 7.0 and
    all other references (that I've seen) to this error refer to IE 4.0 or
    the window.open method.

    Any ideas? Thanks.
    , Mar 30, 2005

  2. Arik Segal Guest

    I'm not sure if this solution is good for you, but maybe you can
    devide the check in two. first check to see if the location string of
    the frame ends with '.pdf', and only if it doesn't, go on to the
    document object check.

    --
    Arik Segal

    Arik Segal, Mar 31, 2005