"no such interface supported" when using parent.frame.document.location.href

John

I have some code that changes a PDF file in another frame using:

parent.frame.document.location.href = "PDF File"

This code works fine the first time it is called. But if a PDF file is
in that frame and the code is called again IE gives me an error:

"no such interface supported"

I have used this code for the past 5 years and it has worked fine with
Adobe Acrobat 4-6 it is only 7 that started to cause me grief. It is
only IE that has this problem, Netscape seems to work fine.

I have checked the web and talked to Adobe and have yet to find a
solution.

Thanks for your help,
John

Jim Ley

I have some code that changes a PDF file in another frame using:

parent.frame.document.location.href = "PDF File"

This code works fine the first time it is called. But if a PDF file is
in that frame and the code is called again IE gives me an error:

"no such interface supported"

I have used this code for the past 5 years and it has worked fine with
Adobe Acrobat 4-6 it is only 7 that started to cause me grief. It is
only IE that has this problem, Netscape seems to work fine.

remove the .href, remove the .document stop using javascript where <a
target= ... seems appropriate.

Jim.

John

Thank You for you help, that worked. I would use <a target but I do a
lot more then just display a static PDF file.

John