No such method error, only in IE 5.2 Mac OS X

Gerrit Hulleman

Something very strange: I get this error only using IE 5.2 under mac os x.

The code used:
1. String version = System.getProperty("java.version");
2. String splitRegex = "";
3. if (dfs.getDecimalSeparator()== '.')
4. splitRegex = "\\.";
5. else
6. splitRegex += dfs.getDecimalSeparator();
7. String[] versionInfo = version.split(splitRegex);

This works under Opera 7.50, IE6.0, netscape 7.1 under windows XP and safari
under Mac OS X. But when IE5.2 Mac OS X tries to load it, it hangs over line
3 and gives the nosuchmethoderror. When trying to replace lines 3..6 with
only line 4, line 7 gives the nosuchmethoderror. Has IE5.2 for Mac OS X got
all his lightbulbs screwed in right?

I know that the seperator in the java version is always a decimal point.
Result of a post a few days back. Didn't get around to fix that.

Gerrit Hulleman

Gerrit Hulleman

Found it. Seems that IE5.2 uses the 1.3.1 SDK, and split / replace all is
not yet supported in those SDK's.

Andrew Thompson

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:59:47 +0200, Gerrit Hulleman wrote:

(Java on Mac)
Found it. Seems that IE5.2 uses the 1.3.1 SDK, and split / replace all is
not yet supported in those SDK's.

Mac and 1.4 are not a happy mix apparently,

The developer needs to do special things on the
Mac system to coerce it into using Java 1.4,
rather than default to 1.3.