No Touch Deployment and Web Services.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Mats-Erik Grundh, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. No Touch Deployment and Web Services.

    How do you programatically configure wich server to
    access?

    My environment:
    - Locahost.
    - Test server.
    - Production server.

    My problem is that same webservice deploys on localhosts,
    development server, test server and production server and
    i want to control from the shortcut on the desktop, or
    som other way, on
    which server to access webservice from, like this:

    C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\IEExec.exe
    http://ozzy/conet/client/bin/co.win.exe?server=ozzy

    the parameter server=ozzy tells which server to run
    webservice on.

    PS:I've tested the option dynamic on web reference
    properties but i cant find a way to programatically
    change
    the settings in application.config file.

    Thanks in advance!

    Mats-Erik Grundh, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Hi Mats-Erik,

    Thanks for posting to the Microsoft Public Newsgroups. I have reviewed
    your issue and though I have been told that what you are wanting to do is
    not possible, I am working on getting a more definitive answer and
    explanation as to "why" its not possible. Thank you for your continued
    patience.

    Brett Keown
    Microsoft Support

    Brett Keown [MSFT], Oct 16, 2003

  3. Mats-Erik Grundh

    Aaron Meyers Guest

    If you want to connect back to the server you came from,
    you can use the
    AppDomain.CurrentDomain.SetupInformation.ApplicationBase
    property. In your example, this would be
    http://ozzy/conet/client/bin ; you can use the Uri class
    to easily extract out the server name.

    As Brett mentioned, I'm not aware of any way to pass
    actual params to IEExec. The method above may be all you
    need though?

    Aaron Meyers
    ActiveViews, Inc.

    Aaron Meyers, Oct 17, 2003
  4. It's ok to use same server (ApplicationBase) to connect
    you webservices. But the question is how do i address the
    webservice calls to that server? I dont want to use the
    url property.

    Mats-Erik Grundh, Oct 17, 2003