no W3wp.exe in my system processes

ALI-R

I'd like to debug my asp.net application ,,but I can't find
W3wp.exe in the list of system process to attach it to the debugger???

Is there someboddy who can help me.

Thanks

Ali

ALI-R

I have deployed my app on win2003 ,,but my own computer is using winxp ,,how
can I debug it on the server?

thanks for your quick help.
ALI

CJ Taylor

Mmm now comes the fun. =)

You have to add yourself to the Debugger Users group on your Win2k3 machine,
then you have to attach to the remote process of the server (go to
Debug/Processes) and put in the machine name. You may need to do some extra
configruation to make this all happen, but there is a good amount of data
out on that.

Once you connect to your remote machine, you'll seet he W3WP.exe process.
and you can attach to it.

Like Is aid though, there are usually quite a few configuration steps that
go with it. Its not a trivial task because of all the security Win2k3 has
installed

-CJ

ALI-R

there is no such a group defined in my win2k3 machine(it is not the domain
controler though,it is just a single-alone server).

CJ Taylor

Regardless, you need to create it. There is documentation on your CD about
remote debugging.