no way to check if a file path exists in a text box?

Matt

Is there a way to use JavaScript to check if a file path exists? For
example, user enter C:\eklrjlejr in a text box, and I want to check if
the file really exists. Is there a way to use JavaScript to do that?

please advise. thanks!!

Evertjan.

Matt wrote on 21 sep 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
Is there a way to use JavaScript to check if a file path exists? For
example, user enter C:\eklrjlejr in a text box, and I want to check if
the file really exists. Is there a way to use JavaScript to do that?

Not in a browser on internet,
because the clientside HDD is forbidden ground.

kaeli

Is there a way to use JavaScript to check if a file path exists? For
example, user enter C:\eklrjlejr in a text box, and I want to check if
the file really exists. Is there a way to use JavaScript to do that?

please advise. thanks!!

Yes, but not for a standard internet application.

An HTA can do this. MSIE/Windows only.

There is no way for a standard internet application.

bruce

Is there a way to use JavaScript to check if a file path exists? For
example, user enter C:\eklrjlejr in a text box, and I want to check if
the file really exists. Is there a way to use JavaScript to do that?

please advise. thanks!!

Nothing i know in javascript. We use ActiveX controls for such purposes.