No windows Sounds

Guest

For some reason my pc has no windows sounds its been so long i have just put
up with it but its realy getting to me there are no start up noises and no
sound in internet explorer. Sound plays in games and on windows media player
i have checked the wav files they play in wmp so i can play them i have
downloaded codec packs updated my motherboard bios updated my sound drivers
but it just doesnt work! if i go into sound and audio device it is on default
selection but the play icon for the souns is grey and wont even play. please
help thanks
Harry B

RobinS

Try posting your message to a group that has "windows" in the title. This
is a .Net Programming newsgroup.

Robin S.