no working drilldown in reportViewer, ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by csmba, Mar 29, 2007.

  1. csmba

    csmba Guest

    I have Report A and report B.
    Report A has under "navigation->Jump To Report", report B selected from the
    list. I also used the parameters button to insert both parameters required
    by Report B.

    Deploy both reports.

    On the catalog (server/reports/<folder>/A), I run the report A and can drill
    to report B. (Works!)

    PROBLEM:
    When I go to my ASP.NET application, it doesn't;t work. NOTICE I use
    reportViewer (report viewer) in my asp.net page to show the report. When I
    drill down on report A, the frame of the report seems to be reloading (get
    the green thing) but then the same reports appears!

    Additional info: I tried adding to my asp.net page code a handler for the
    ReportViewer1_Drillthrough(object sender, DrillthroughEventArgs e)
    function. But when I put a breakpoint there, it seems I don't even get
    there. In any case, all the samples I saw use this function for windows
    forms, and then they set the datasource which seems like something I
    shouldn't be bothered with.

    anyone can help?

    regards.
    csmba, Mar 29, 2007