    I think i have to grant the necessary permissions. Where can i do that
    because in the explorer i can't find the security tab.

    ch Jim

    Jimmy, Mar 22, 2005

  2. From security point of view, it is not a good idea to create directories on
    fly in web applications. Even if you manage to in development environment,
    production server security will be stricter. I couldn't get it work even in
    development. Try to re-organize your data to use static directories.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Mar 22, 2005

  3. Hi Jim,

    It sounds like you're using Windows XP, not Server 2003. Windows XP by
    default hides the Security settings for folders. You have to go into the
    Folder Options applet in Control Panel, go to the View tab, and uncheck
    "Simple File Sharing" to be able to see and manage file system security.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP