NoClassDefFoundError with MSJVM but not with Sun's JVM

NB

I've developed an applet that workes fine with Sun's JVM but with
Microsoft's I get an NoClassDefFoundError:

Error loading class: org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Initially I got a similar error with Sun's JVM but then I placed the
JDOM .jar in the folder where my applet is located and that solved the
problem with Sun's JVM but not with Microsoft's JVM. Can anyone explain
why that is?

SPG

HI,

Have you checked the full stack trace?
The MS JVM only supports earlier JDK (I think from mem is 1.1, cannot be
certain).
Anyway, in the MS JVM you cannot even do a Vector.add(myObk) as the method
does not exist, you have to use Vector.addElement(myObj).

It could be that the library you are using is using a newer class?
More than likely to be honest,

Steve

Roedy Green

I've developed an applet that workes fine with Sun's JVM but with
Microsoft's I get an NoClassDefFoundError:

Sax was invented in the last couple of years. MS Java predates King
Arthur. It would be a miracle if it did work.

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

NB said:
Error loading class: org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

JDOM probably relies on changes made to Java in 1.2 or later;
Microsoft's VM is a 1.1 VM (minus RMI).

You need to use an XML library that can run using JRE 1.1.x.