NoClassDefFoundError with MSJVM but not with Sun's JVM

NB

I supposedly posted this message yesterday but as I can't find it, I'll
post it again.

I've developed an applet that workes fine with Sun's JVM but with
Microsoft's I get an NoClassDefFoundError:

Error loading class: org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Initially I got a similar error with Sun's JVM but then I placed the
JDOM .jar in the folder where my applet is located and that solved the
problem with Sun's JVM but not with Microsoft's JVM. Can anyone explain
why that is?

Lothar Kimmeringer

Initially I got a similar error with Sun's JVM but then I placed the
JDOM .jar in the folder where my applet is located and that solved the
problem with Sun's JVM but not with Microsoft's JVM. Can anyone explain
why that is?

The Microsoft VM ist still based on Java 1.1.4 and I assume that
the JDOM.jar needs at least Java 1.2.

It happens quite often, that a class is reported as not found
even when it's there because inside the class there are
classes used that don't exist (e.g. java.util.HashMap or
java.util.ArrayList what I assume in your case).

Regards, Lothar
--
Lothar Kimmeringer E-Mail: (e-mail address removed)

questions!