Noddy question about standard vhdl libs

GlennH

Hi,

Where is the documentation for the functions in the common vhdl libraries?
e.g. std.textio.vhd?

I cand find a manual that tells me what the functions available in the
libraries do and how to use them.

I think I'm missing some basic concept because it should be hard.

Thanks

Glenn

Mike Treseler

GlennH said:
Where is the documentation for the functions in the common vhdl libraries?
e.g. std.textio.vhd?

I cand find a manual that tells me what the functions available in the
libraries do and how to use them.

The packages are described in:
http://www.cs.sfu.ca/CourseCentral/250/D1/2003-1/VHDL/Doc/1164pkg.pdf

and in the FAQ and in the library sources of your simulator.
Consider using the numeric_std package.

The VHDL reference I use was last seen at:
http://www.cs.sfu.ca/CourseCentral/250/D1/2003-1/VHDL/Doc/vhdlref.pdf

-- Mike Treseler