    I think I'm missing some basic concept because it should be hard.

    Thanks

    Glenn

    GlennH, Jul 11, 2003

  2. GlennH wrote:

    > Where is the documentation for the functions in the common vhdl libraries?
    > e.g. std.textio.vhd?
    >
    > I cand find a manual that tells me what the functions available in the
    > libraries do and how to use them.

    The packages are described in:
    http://www.cs.sfu.ca/CourseCentral/250/D1/2003-1/VHDL/Doc/1164pkg.pdf

    and in the FAQ and in the library sources of your simulator.
    Consider using the numeric_std package.

    The VHDL reference I use was last seen at:
    http://www.cs.sfu.ca/CourseCentral/250/D1/2003-1/VHDL/Doc/vhdlref.pdf

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Jul 11, 2003