    I'd be interested in any documentation or code for interfacing with
    the Nokia 30.

    -Bjørn
    Bjorn Borud, Jun 28, 2005

  2. Bjorn Borud wrote:
    > does this mean that they implemented CORBA on the J2ME JVM running on
    > the Nokia 30 and were able to use the serial port directly?

    No, it doesn't. Something like CORBA is unavailable on Java ME handsets.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Visit my homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com
    Darryl Pierce, Jul 9, 2005

  3. Bjorn Borud

    Bjorn Borud Guest

    [Darryl Pierce <>]
    | Bjorn Borud wrote:
    | > does this mean that they implemented CORBA on the J2ME JVM running on
    | > the Nokia 30 and were able to use the serial port directly?
    |
    | No, it doesn't. Something like CORBA is unavailable on Java ME handsets.

    the Nokia 30 M2M terminal isn't really a handset. it'll fit in your
    hand, but that's about it :).

    (anyone else know this device and the CORBA interface provided for it?)

    -Bjørn
    Bjorn Borud, Jul 27, 2005
  4. Bjorn Borud wrote:
    > | > does this mean that they implemented CORBA on the J2ME JVM running on
    > | > the Nokia 30 and were able to use the serial port directly?
    > |
    > | No, it doesn't. Something like CORBA is unavailable on Java ME handsets.
    >
    > the Nokia 30 M2M terminal isn't really a handset. it'll fit in your
    > hand, but that's about it :).

    That's irrelevant. The JavaME technologies don't support CORBA currently.

    Darryl Pierce, Jul 30, 2005
  5. Bjorn Borud

    Bjorn Borud Guest

    Bjorn Borud, Jul 31, 2005