Nokia 6100 problem

Marcin

Hi,

I'm not sure I'm posting to the right group but I could not find any
Nokia-J2ME related. If you know such a group please let me know.

The problem is with midlet that I'm currently developing (under
Borland JBuilder X). It works fine on the emulator, but on the phone
I'm getting errors like "TextEdit.SetLayout() - no such method". I
guess JVM on my phone may be older than the one I use with the
emulator.

So the question is - where to get information which version of JVM do
I have in my Nokia, and, how to update it?

greetz
Marcin

JScoobyCed

Marcin said:
Hi,

I'm not sure I'm posting to the right group but I could not find any
Nokia-J2ME related. If you know such a group please let me know.

The problem is with midlet that I'm currently developing (under
Borland JBuilder X). It works fine on the emulator, but on the phone
I'm getting errors like "TextEdit.SetLayout() - no such method". I
guess JVM on my phone may be older than the one I use with the
emulator.

So the question is - where to get information which version of JVM do
I have in my Nokia, and, how to update it?

greetz
Marcin

Hi,

The Nokia 6100 as the MIDP 1.0, CLDC 1.0. (see
http://jal.sun.com/webapps/device/device) for other models.
You can't update/upgrade it, as it comes from the manufacturer (Nokia).
Or at least I doubt you can do it from a retail shop. Now you can try to
find a Nokia engineer and ask him/her to write the software for you
(which would cost you a lot of time to find that engineer, and a lot of
money).
In other words, you are limited to the JVM you have on the phone.