Nom de Plume Complaint (slightly OT)

Toby A Inkster

Dylan said:
Friends, colleagues etc, generally through ignorance, call me by the
English pronunciation, which suits me as that's the one I prefer <g>

You should change the pronunciation by deed poll.

Mine's pronounced pretty much as you'd expect.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 12 days, 45 min.]

NetSol Cybersquatting
http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2008/01/10/netsol-cybersquatting/

Harlan Messinger

Dylan said:
Neither - it's pa-ree.

Stressed on the second syllable like the French pronunciation of "Paris"?

And you are probably all mispronouncing my first
name incorrectly too. If I wanted too be picky, you should be saying it
as dull-an but you are probably all thinking it's dill-un.

That's just hateful.

Dylan Parry

Harlan said:
Stressed on the second syllable like the French pronunciation of "Paris"?

I wouldn't say there was any more stress on the second than on the first
really, but it would sound almost right if pronounced that way.
That's just hateful.

How is that hateful? :s

--
Dylan Parry

The opinions stated above are not necessarily representative of
those of my cats. All opinions expressed are entirely your own.

Harlan Messinger

Dylan said:
I wouldn't say there was any more stress on the second than on the first
really, but it would sound almost right if pronounced that way.

How is that hateful? :s

By shaking us out of our blissful, conventional expectations.