nominations for worst web sites

Disco Octopus

Mr.Bolshoy Huy wrote :
With the awards season upon us, I hereby nominate
the following web site as the worst on the net:
http://cosmo-psa.org/new_page_3.htm

cant the web designer see that black text cant be
read on black bg?

I love how it says....

"DOUBLE CLICK UNDERLINED WORDS TO CHANGE PAGE
DOUBLE CLICK UNDERLINED NAME TO EMAIL INDIVIDUAL"

Jonathan N. Little

Disco said:
Mr.Bolshoy Huy wrote :

I love how it says....

"DOUBLE CLICK UNDERLINED WORDS TO CHANGE PAGE
DOUBLE CLICK UNDERLINED NAME TO EMAIL INDIVIDUAL"

Which 'underlined' words! ;-)

rf

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
[Could NOT resist! Tried and tried ... but ... ]

No, I thought, I'll read the rest of the thread before doing [eactly as you
have] :)

Blinky the Shark

Disco said:
Mr.Bolshoy Huy wrote :
I love how it says....
"DOUBLE CLICK UNDERLINED WORDS TO CHANGE PAGE DOUBLE CLICK UNDERLINED
NAME TO EMAIL INDIVIDUAL"

What the heck's "mstheme" (yes, I know this is a FP creation)? It
sounds like some kind of style thing, but it appears to be where data
belongs -- in a table that with five browsers I find completely empty
except for rules (if even those).

BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in;
BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 1.5in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM:
windowtext 1pt solid" vAlign="top" width="144"
height="17"><!--mstheme--><font face="Trebuchet MS, Arial,
Helvetica"><!--mstheme--></font></td>

Duende

While sitting in a puddle rf scribbled in the mud:
Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
[Could NOT resist! Tried and tried ... but ... ]

No, I thought, I'll read the rest of the thread before doing [eactly as you
have] :)

I was just getting ready to do the same thing too.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle rf scribbled in the mud:
Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
[Could NOT resist! Tried and tried ... but ... ]

No, I thought, I'll read the rest of the thread before doing
[eactly as you have] :)

I was just getting ready to do the same thing too.

The time was right... but I'm willing to share the credit.

ozbyoz

try: http://www.oytoah.com/

Author has posted on a HTML forum on how to stop visitors from viewing
source code and stealing images. Alas she has implemented them. Has
a 964x671, 600KB image resized (VIA HTML) to 180x134. She also has
the image appearing near the bottom, this time resized to 161x124, and
of course another 600KB added the page.

ozbyoz

Karl said:
=============
Hey, we warned her that there were many ways to bypass her "security",
but she did it anyway. Gave up trying to convince (what-ever she is)
otherwise. Now she is asking how to stop Opera users from viewing
source since her current trials and tribulations don't affect that
browser.

Taking it off the web isn't an option :0)

At least she could put a "best viewed with Javascript off" somewhere!

Barbara de Zoete

Now she is asking how to stop Opera users from viewing
source since her current trials and tribulations don't affect that
browser.

I wonder how long before she notices Lynx for a browser.

Els

Wÿrm said:
Here source is visible from IE too, just view => source.
And ofcoz typing

view-source:http://www.oytoah.com/

to address bar in IE shows source also :)

LOL - I didn't even try that! She's even worse at hiding the
source than I thought then :)

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -