non-blocking connect in C?

Trishia Rose

Hi,

I understand how to operate non-blocking send and recv in C, so
as to exchange data with multiple connections without blocking with
every function call. My question is, how to set up a non-blocking
call to the connect function, so that it will just run the call and
immediately go on with whatever line is next in the code (even though
it might not have had time to finish establishing a connection), and
then the socket can somehow (how?) be checked later to see when/if the
connection finishes being established. This would probably involve
polling with the select function, I assume? Thanks very much in
advance! (I use GCC on a win XP machine) And P.S., this is not homework

Mark McIntyre

Hi,

I understand how to operate non-blocking send and recv in C, so
as to exchange data with multiple connections without blocking with
every function call. My question is, how to set up a non-blocking
call to the connect function,

unfortunately connect(), recv() and send() are not part of C.

You need to ask this question in a unix programming group, since
networking is typically topical there (don't worry that you're using
XP, the TCP/IP networking is essentially common).