    connection finishes being established. This would probably involve
    polling with the select function, I assume? Thanks very much in
    advance! (I use GCC on a win XP machine) And P.S., this is not homework

    Trishia Rose, Jul 11, 2003

  2. On 11 Jul 2003 00:56:56 -0700, in comp.lang.c ,
    (Trishia Rose) wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    > I understand how to operate non-blocking send and recv in C, so
    >as to exchange data with multiple connections without blocking with
    >every function call. My question is, how to set up a non-blocking
    >call to the connect function,

    unfortunately connect(), recv() and send() are not part of C.

    You need to ask this question in a unix programming group, since
    networking is typically topical there (don't worry that you're using
    XP, the TCP/IP networking is essentially common).

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Jul 11, 2003

  3. Trishia Rose

    Jason Guest

    Look up fcntl and SO_NONBLOCK in your manual.

    Jason, Jul 11, 2003
  4. Trishia Rose

    dbtid Guest

    [OT] Re: non-blocking connect in C?

    Jason wrote:
    > Look up fcntl and SO_NONBLOCK in your manual.

    Actually, ITYM O_NONBLOCK.

    dbtid, Jul 11, 2003