Non-default website

js

I am using Visual Studio 2003. An IIS is installed on a separate box
with the Remote Debugger server component from VS2003. Initially, I
created a new blank project in VS2003 under the IIS's Default Website
then added all my old project's files into the new project. Then I
manually created a new website using IIS Management Console, assigned it
with port :800 and pointed its home directory to the directory where the
new project is located on that remote box. I put several break points
on in various files including the default.aspx, but VS2003 did not stop
anywhere at all. Instead, when the debug started, all the red break
points became red dots with ? marks. It occurs to me that VS2003
debugger only deals with applications under the default website. I need
my application to run in a non-default website. I tested my
configuration with another application which is an application under the
default website, VS2003 would stop at the break points. So I think my
my configuration is accurate. Does anyone know how to tweak VS2003 so
that I can debug my application on a remote non-default website. By the
way, I a member of the Administrators and Debug Users group.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Add another IP to the server and have a "non-default" website instead of a
virtual directory. You can then connect by IP instead of machine name. It
gets better with the next version of Visual Studio, although I am not
certain it works other than local.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside the box!

js

Thanks. Could you explain in detail how this "non-default" website can
be setup on the remote machine. I thought I already set up an
non-default website by using port:800 and set its home directory to my
application directory. In IIS Management Console, the new website is
listed on the same level as default website, not under it. In addition,
when starting debug in VS2003, it automatically uses the server name as
the URL. How can I change it to use IP address, if this can be done at
all? Do I have to wipe out this project and recreate it in VS2003 using
//x.x.x.x/myProject to create an blank project and add all my old files
into it? Thanks.